Thursday, July 26, 2007

Papasitos and Pump Painting

Today has been a fun and leisurely day. I woke up early, fixed breakfast for the two of us, took my shower and got so sleepy that I decided to take a little nap before lunch. This is so unlike me! I think I'm starting to unwind from the trip and I have finally realized that at my age, the old body needs to stop and be recharged every once in a while. A nap was definitely in order.
After a cat-nap, we decided to go to Pappasito's and have fajitas for lunch. If you have not tried their chicken fajitas, I would suggest that you get there in a hurry. They are by far the best I've ever eaten. There is no marinade ... just the best chicken breast that money can buy, with sauteed onions, Pico de Gallo, guacamole, pickled jalapenos and to top it off ... hot, drawn garlic butter. The bonus was chips and salsa and a bowl of Borracho Beans. It was absolutely larapin!

Once we returned from lunch I was in the mood to paint, so I decided to do this little painting for our Canvas by Canvas mini series. I'm way behind, so I needed to play catch-up

The first pair of shoes I painted when I was in Santa Fe was entitled "Party Pumps", so what better name for this newest edition than "Party Animal". Of course, to complete the party, I added a glass of wine :-)

I saw these particular shoes in Santa Fe and there was a very high dollar price tag on them. I decided it would be better to paint them than to wear them. The heels were nearly as high and the shoes were and I was sure that I wouldn't be able to walk in them. I would probably be turning ankles rather than heads if I showed up with them on my feet!
The little shoe that I have painted is in acrylic and is 6x6 on a gallery wrapped canvas. As I have mentioned before, when the canvas is gallery wrapped, it doesn't have to be framed. However, in our mini-series, we are offering custom made frames where you can collect our little gems and build your own large painting. It's great fun plus you will have an original work of art that several painters have contributed to. Check this latest idea out that we have put together on our web page at http://www.canvasbycanvas.com/ so you can better understand what I'm talking about. The small paintings sell for $40 each and prices vary on the frames, depending on how many "openings" you want and what configuration you have in mind for your one of a kind Canvas by Canvas painting. We think it's a very unique idea and these little paintings make wonderful gifts for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, wedding gifts, etc. Oh, and don't forget Christmas. It will be here sooner than you think :-) Be sure and keep us in mind when you need something special for that someone special.
We'll be thinking we can dance again tonight, so I'd better go and start dinner so our time to watch won't be interrupted.
If you keep reading, I'll keep blogging! Pcasso



1 comment:

Margie Whittington said...

Phil and I are Papasita Fajita Fans, too. We get the Plato Del Mar and split it with a mix of chicken and beef. It comes with bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp that is wonderful. I am really getting hungry for Mexican Food now.
Thanks a lot, Pcasso!!!!
maw