Thursday, July 12, 2007

Adobe, Red Chili, Art Galleries and 2 Buck Chuck!

This has been a very interesting day. After a lovely dinner last night with our friends, the Waldies at the Pink Adobe, we came home to watch "So You Think You Can Dance" which we thought we had taped, but discovered that we had set the tape wrong, so we had to watch the news instead. What a disappointment since we are big fans of that show.
We got up this morning, went back to Bagelmania for a delicious breakfast of pancakes and bacon, and headed out on a mission. My artist friends in http://www.canvasbycanvas.com/ have requested that I photograph adobe houses with Hollyhocks in the yard and red chilies for future paintings. We went to Canyon Road to scout these things out and I was very successful. I have many images now of both subjects to add to our ever growing library of images for future paintings.
When we finished that, I visited the Martha Keats Gallery which is also on Canyon Road and left some information on Canvas by Canvas there with the hope that we might be able to show in that gallery at a future date. Be sure and check it out ! http://www.marthakeatsgallery.com/index.html This gallery was recommended to me by the owner of the Meyer Gallery in Santa Fe which is one of our favorites. I had a long meeting with him a few days ago and he's trying to help us get into this market. The bronze sculptures in the photograph that I have included are at the Meyer. Their sculpture garden is lovely.
We will be going on the Art Walk on Canyon Road Friday night and will be visiting the Meyer as Robert Daughters has a show opening that night. It will be my birthday, so to celebrate, we're going to the Flea Market in the morning, our niece and nephew are coming from Tucumcari (the next day is her birthday so we'll celebrate together) and we'll do Canyon Road in the evening. A perfect way to spend the day.
When we left the gallery we ran by Trader Joe's and bought several cases of 2 Buck Chuck to take back to Texas. We can't get it there, so we always load up before we head home.
We plan on taking it easy the rest of the day as we need to get things together so we can pack more easily on Saturday when we leave for Crested Butte, CO. I'll keep in touch and would love for you to do the same. PLEASE leave comments on my blog. It makes me feel loved :-)
Pcasso







4 comments:

Elizabeth Taylor said...

BEAUTIFUL adobe photos Pat. You are the consummate professional photographer. Thanks for sharing these with us.

Connie Michael said...

Great post, Pcakes. You've had a busy day. And for all I've heard about it, I have never tasted 2 buck chuck. Maybe we need you to buy a case for CBC! :)

connie

gotyme4u said...

I seem to be having a hard time this morning getting this posted. I wanted to first and foremost wish you a Happy Birthday!!! Secondly, I wanted to thank you for your wonderful photos of the adobe homes. Loved them. Enjoy Colorado...I'll be there next week as well. We'll celebrate your birthday when you get home...and you get to bring the wine!!! LOL

Nancy Standlee said...

Pat, Happy Birthday!
There was a news segment last night about what a good wine that is. I just heard of Trader Joe's when in Arizon for the art workshop with Ted Nuttall and others from the area couldn't believe we'd never experienced T. Joe's. You are loved and we love the photographic material you are sending to us for future CBC paintings. Keep it up and I like the way you have linked in your last post. ns