Thursday, July 5, 2007

Dragging My Feet in My Little Blue Shoes


Good Morning!!

We've been so busy here in the Land of Enchantment that I haven't been able to paint at all until today. I was afraid that I had forgotten how! These shoes are part of a new project that CbC has started and I didn't want to be left behind, so I thought I'd better get busy. I was up at 5:00 a.m., started painting on these shoes, and I now feel that it's time for a nap.

Speaking of shoes, we're going out in a short while and I'll be looking for some new, comfortable walking shoes to take on our trip to China. There's no better place to buy comfortable shoes than Santa Fe. Unfortunately it was shoes like the ones that I just painted that put my poor feet in the shape that they are in now. If I had realized when I was young how important my feet were, I would have taken much better care of them. More to come later.
Pcasso

3 comments:

Elizabeth Taylor said...

Love your blue(nonsuede) shoes! You did a great job on them, and they sure look cool. I wish I could still wear shoes with 3" heels. I actually wore 1 1/2" heels to dinner one night in Beijing and was that a mistake! We had to walk (fast) over cobblestones to get to the restaurant and NOBODY wears heels in Beijing. I felt like the vainest chick around. Shanghai is a little more stylish, but in Beijing women wear strictly utilitarian, neutral colored clothing with flat shoes. It's a cultural thing -- nobody wants to stand out from the crowd.

Connie Michael said...

Great job, Pcakes. Love your shoes and your blog is ALWAYS so interesting. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Connie

Unknown said...

Wow. Such interesting comments. So your going to China! I'm only going to Chicago in August to help celebrate my friends 50th wedding anniversary. I had been a bridesmaid...can't be that long ago, can it? Then heading home to go on Hawaiian cruise.