Wednesday, June 20, 2007




We're off to Broken Bow, Oklahoma for a few days to go fly fishing. Frank has lined up a guide to teach Franklin and Ian how to fly fish so Beth, Connor and I will find something else to do. The boys will be going with us and their folks will come down Friday morning. They needed a little time to themselves. They're such good parents and spend every free moment with the boys, so they really need a grown up break!I understand that the area around there is beautiful.

Broken Bow is in McCurtain County in Southeast Oklahoma. It's the gateway city to Broken Bow Lake, Beavers Bend Resort Park, the Mountain Fork and Glover Rivers and the Ouachita National Forest. It's near the Ozarks and supposed to be beautiful.We're taking enough food to stay for a month even though we will only be there a few days. Lots of games, fishing gear and my camera, so I will get some good shots of my sportsmen :-) I'm sure that Chef Connor will fix us something wonderful to snack on while we're there, so we'll have a wonderful family time together.

Today is Paco's birthday, so we'll all celebrate it in Oklahoma on Friday, hopefully with a fish fry. (Paco is what we call our son. It's better than Baby Franklin ;-)

Let's pray the the boys are all as lucky on this trip as Papa was on his last fishing trip on the San Juan River in Northern New Mexico.I will not have my computer with me, so I won't be blogging for a day or two. Hopefully I'll have lots of good things to report next week.Have a great rest of the week and try to keep cool and dry! Pcasso

3 comments:

Margie Whittington said...

I wish I were going. Have lots a fun catching those fish. The grandboys look ready in their wadders. Have a fun and safe trip
Salazar family.
MAW

Connie Michael said...

I want to go, too! :)

Have a blast and come back with lots of "fish tales."

c.

Pcasso said...

We'll eats lots of fish, smash a few grapes and dirty a few ice cubes for you ;-)
Pcasso