Sunday, June 17, 2007

Wedding Bells Long Long Ago




I have included photographs of my Grandmother as well as me and my Daddy in this post. I neglected to mention earlier the fact that today would be my maternal Grandparent's wedding anniversary. They were married on June 17, 1896, which was one hundred and eleven years ago! When my Grandmother was quite elderly, she gave me her wedding ring which was engraved with that date inside. It was at that time she told me that it had been her father's wedding ring and had been sized down for her to wear when she married my Grandfather. I would have never know that if she had not been reminiscing about their wonderful life that day. That made the ring 26 years older, so the ring is now one hundred and thirty nine years old. It's a lovely little gold band with the inscription inside. It is very special to me and I have it among my many family treasures. I plan to pass it along someday to my Granddaughter.
For those of you who are old enough to remember, there used to be street photographers in downtown Fort Worth. The shot of me and my Father was taken as we were going to meet my Mother for lunch. I didn't have a lot of hair as a little girl, so my Mother kept bonnets on me all the time and said that it was to protect my skin but I think that she wanted to make sure that no one thought I was a little boy!
It's time to get out the palette and start to work. Church is over and I have some time before lunch to at least get colors blocked in on the canvas. Have good Sunday and a Happy Father's Day!
Patti Picasso

No comments: