Sunday, June 17, 2007

Pcasso's Pages

I have said all along that I did not want to become a "Blogger", that I didn't have any interest let alone the extra time, but I hate being left out, so here goes!
My name is Patricia and I'm an artist. I paint with a group of 10 other Texas ladies and we call ourselves Canvas by Canvas. We do collaborative painting, but we also have our own original artwork.
I am also a professional photographer, so I incorporate a lot of my photographs into my paintings. There's no place I'd rather be than at home in Texas unless it's in Santa Fe where we spend our summers. We are blessed to have the best of both worlds! You can go to our website http://www.canvasbycanvas.com/ and see some of our work.

Today is Father's Day and I am told that it's a day where Dad's get to do anything that they want to do. It's a rainy day in Texas, and since it's the final round of the U.S. Open, my husband will be watching golf all afternoon and I will be painting. As you can see, we will both be doing what we love to do, so everyone comes out a winner!
I am looking forward to posting things from time to time and hope that you will add your comments on my page. The painting that I have included in this post is entitled "Earth Angel" and I have painted her in Santa Fe folk art style. I felt that this was the appropriate painting to include today since it's Sunday and a day of prayer. She's a Guardian Angel and I hope that she is looking over all the Fathers today as it is their special day of recognition. I'm sure that she is with my father who is now in heaven and enjoy her company.
Patti Picasso

3 comments:

Margie Whittington said...

Earth Angel is a wonderful painting Pcasso!!!! Enjoyed your blog!
maw

Pcasso said...

So glad you like my angel! She was a pleasure to paint. I painted her over a contemporary landscape that I had done in North Carolina and used that image as as an underpainting. The original painting was horizontal, so I got some really nice effects from the trees in the original when I turned it on its side. It made her dress much more interesting. I had no idea what it would end up looking like, but I love the end result. A friend who is a priest suggested the silver frame that I have her in and it's just what the painting needed! Pcasso

Connie Michael said...

Pcakes, your blog site is wonderful and Earth Angel is just gorgeous!

Connie