Friday, January 4, 2008

PAINTINGS, PUPPIES AND PRINCES

Today has been a great day. After exercising, I had a dental appointment and then came home to work on a painting that I started yesterday morning. If you remember, Harold McDuff Salazar spent a couple of days with us earlier in the week so his family could all go to a friend's home for New Year's Eve and New Year's day. Well ... we enjoyed him SO much that we hated to see him go home. Actually, I started having serious puppy withdrawal, so I decided to paint his portrait from a photograph I took on New Years Day. He looked so regal sitting there that I decided to call him Prince Harry ... a name that definitely suits him! This is my first attempt at painting a dog and I'm really pleased with it. Of course, when you have a subject this cute, how can you possibly miss!

When I came in from my studio at nearly sunset, I found that I had another very pleasant surprise waiting for me on my computer. I have a young Austrian friend named Simone who now lives in Barcelona. I haven't heard from her in a while and I Emailed her this morning. It seems that she had been thinking about us as well, so she told me all about the current adventures that she has been enjoying. We met her parents many years ago and we have visited them in Austria and they have visited with us in Texas. When we went to see them in Austria her father, Hugo, spoke very limited English, so Simone came home from college and was our translator. It was a wonderful time. When we were in Spain last year, I took her a portrait that I had painted of her as a surprise.


Due to circumstances beyond our control, we weren't able to spend as much time with her in Barcelona on that trip as we had planned to, but that's a whole different blog! Anyway, as you can see from this photograph, my painting of her doesn't begin do her beauty justice! I might also add that she's just as sweet and nice as she is beautiful. She's a very special young woman!Tomorrow is the beginning of the play-off games, so I will probably be a football widow for a while. That will give me the perfect excuse to paint some more.

Have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back in touch soon.

XOXO, Pcasso

1 comment:

Margie Whittington said...

Love Prince Harry! The portrait of your friend is lovely, Pcasso!
Keep up the good work!
maw