Friday, August 3, 2007

TGIF

Thank Goodness It's Friday! Today I decided that the weekend is a good time to indulge myself and start working on a new project.
As you can see, I have started adding my paintings that are for sale to my blog. I will eventually put them on a web site called Daily Painters Marketplace, but I decided to get my feet wet this way first and see what happens. We are posting items for sale with http://www.canvasbycanvas.com/ which is the collaborative group I paint with,
but it's the first time that I have done it on an individual basis, so try to be kind and humor me please :-)
You may remember this painting. It is the first one that I painted from a piece of jewelry that I own. Several years ago we were at a benefit auction at the Arlington Museum of Art and we bid on this cross along with several other pieces of art that were up for auction, and we won this piece. It is quite lovely and is a one of a kind piece in sterling silver. It occurred to me that I could share it with others through a painting and that is how this concept was born.
The actual cross itself measures 3 x 3 inches, is quite heavy, very attractive and every time that I wear it I receive compliments on it. In fact, I have even been stopped many times on the street in Santa Fe where you find silver everywhere and people have inquired where I purchased the piece! It's one of my favorite pieces of jewelry and I wear it a lot. One of other favorites belonged to my Mother. It's a gold crucifix with rubies and it's beautiful. It is very special to me because it was very special to her.
When I started my cross project in Canvas by Canvas, I decided to paint a few individual pieces of my own apart from my painting group which are from my own cross collection. I have quite a few crosses and am usually wearing one of them. I have painted another version of this same cross with a different background, but this one is the original "model", if you will, from which I designed the other piece which is smaller and unframed. This cross is 8x10 on canvas and framed out, the dimensions are 13 x 16. The framed piece is priced at $225 plus shipping. I feel that it would make a nice addition to any home or office.

You may contact me at Pattycake1@AOL.com and please put
TGIF painting in the subject line. Many thanks!!!
Pcasso

2 comments:

Nancy Standlee said...

Great post, PS, and I'm so glad you're getting your art on your blog. The cross is a beautiful painting.

http://nancystandlee.blogspot.com

Connie Michael said...

Very nice, Pcakes. Love that beautiful background.

http://conniemichael.blogspot.com