Wednesday, August 8, 2007

All Roads Lead to God

I have been very busy since we returned from New Mexico and Colorado. There have been the usual household chores that needed attention, but something much more important has come up besides the things that need to be done around the house. I am making reference to my second home, St. Alban's Parish, where my heart always is. It's so wonderful to know that you have an extended family at your church that is always there for you, and Frank and I feel truly blessed with our church family. They're very special to us. They are our brothers and sisters in Christ, and St. Alban's has always been our home away from home.
We are about to begin a Capital Campaign there and I am heading up a committee which is the Advance Commitment phase of the campaign, so I have been very busy with this worthwhile project. Frank is the Campaign Chairman for this project so I guess he is my boss ;-) We have many major needs and will make quite a few physical changes at the church, so we will need lots of help to get major funding to help us conduct this campaign in order to meet our goal which is $2,000,000. We have our work cut out for us and we ask for your prayers.
When we were visiting one of our favorite galleries in Santa Fe, the Manitou, I saw an artist that I was not familiar with and fell in love with his work. It's a little crazy and funky, but then so am I, so I decided to paint my rendition of one of his paintings. It seemed very appropriate since we are going to be in the middle of this campaign for the next few months and all roads really do lead to God if you are on the right path! We have the perfect spot for it in Frank's office and I can't wait to hang it. It's a large painting ... 18 x 24 and it will look wonderful in there since his little office here at the house has a Southwest theme to the decor. I'm dedicating this work to the Capital Campaign since it helped me to re-focus on what is really important in life. If you notice, the building at the top of the little village is God's house and that's where our focus should always be.
I've spent a lot of my time recently painting small paintings for Canvas by Canvas, so it was a real challenge for me to paint something this large. It took me the better part of 6 days working 8-10 hours a day but I think I'm satisfied with the results. Hope that you like it!
Please keep me, Frank, my team that I will form in the next few days and our Capital Campaign in your prayers. We will be needing a lot of support, both monetary and spiritual, in order to accomplish what needs to be done at our parish to the Glory of God.
Many thanks! Pcasso

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it Mom! Well done!

Paco

Connie Michael said...

The painting is wonderful, Pcakes. Good luck with the campaign!

Margie Whittington said...

Terrific, Pcasso ! The colors are so bright and the design just dances. Great Job!
mw

MAS said...

It took a lot of work but it is delightlul to look at and well worth it...it looks like it was a labor of love....it is a good reminder for the campaign and for life!!
mas

Cindy Campbell said...

Love the painting Pat. You did a great job. Hope the campaign goes well and the needed funds are raised.

Nancy Standlee said...

What is the artist's name that you did your rendition from? I'd like to look at more of his or her work as I really like the painting. Good luck with the building program.

http://nancystandlee.blogspot.com

BG Hackney said...

Beautiful colors PC, good job, your heart was in it. Must be God's love. bg

Teresa said...

Pat,
I love the painting. The colors are wonderful!
Love,
Teresa

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.