Sunday, November 23, 2008

BROKEN BOW, BIRTHDAYS, BON-BONS AND BABIES

The past few days have been busy ones for both me and Papa. If you remember from my last post, Frank went fly fishing in Oklahoma with his friend from church and they had a great time.


I assume that's where they went. At least they have the photographs to prove that they caught some fish. Oops .. what if they used someone else's fish and posed with them for this Kodak moment??? ;-)
Since the place they fished in Broken Bow was catch and release, he didn't bring any fish home but that's par for the course. All the places where he fishes in New Mexico have the same policy, so the joke around our house is, "Honey, I'm going fishing again and I think I'll take my pole this time" ;-)
If the fishing wasn't as good as they had hoped for, they certainly enjoyed themselves, just visiting and sitting in the jacuzzi. Nasser enjoyed a good cigar after a hard day on the stream while taking advantage the semi-mountain fresh air in the great outdoors in the foothills of the Ozarks.
They reminded me a little of the attorneys on "Boston Legal" at the end of a long day's work ... enjoying a scotch and a cigar and ... in fact, they even had a sleep-over!
While they were gone I painted my little fingers off. The first thing I painted was a calorie free treat .. a chocolate Bon-Bon. It makes me hungry just to look at it.
The next day I decided to add to my collection of bird paintings and painted "My Little Chickadee". I guess I should nickname him W.C. in honor of the infamous Mr. Fields.

Some of my daughter in law's friends (or as my friend Madge calls her, my DIL) took Beth to lunch at a sushi place called Pirhana Killer Sushi in the Highlands, which is a wonderful new shopping mall in Arlington, to celebrate her birthday on the actual day.
I think it's so great when young people get together and enjoy themselves. If memory serves me right, I did a lot of that in my younger days and it was great fun.


This little goodie is called Marry Me Roll and it looks delicious!

For those who are not 100% sure, there's always help with chopsticks when you need a friend. And then there are those who know exactly what to do :-)
Father Matkin, our Assistant Rector at St. Alban's, and his wife, Melisa, have just had their first child. She is a beautiful little girl named Madeline Grace. They are such proud parents and little Maddy is very blessed to have such loving parents.

We have another young priest who has joined our staff and he and his wife had their first child a little over a month prior to the birth of Maddy. What a blessing it is for us as a parish to have this new life as new members of our church family.
The day after Frank returned from his fishing expedition ;-) we had a friend come to stay with us. He lives in College Station and he and Frank have been football game buddies for many years (he's the one that Frank goes to the A&M games with).
This weekend was the beginning of the high school football game playoffs, so Robert arrived yesterday morning and they left for Texas Stadium at 10:00 a.m. and didn't return until 10:00 p.m. I painted the chickadee while they were gone, made Green Chile Stew and cornbread for them for dinner when the FINALLY arrived home and I was in bed by 9:30.
I have painted several things for Franklin and Beth's home, so she has sent me photographs of them hanging. It always makes me feel good to know that they like my work enough to want to hang it in their home.


This morning we went to church and they headed for Texas Stadium once again (last night I suggested that they take a bedroll with them and just sleep there!) The Cowboys played at noon today and they won ..YEAH! While they were gone, I painted this last painting of the last few days of my "paint-a-thon". It's a partially eaten Creme Brulee, one of my very favorite desserts.
I have to admit that it was a real challenge to paint. I thought it would be a piece of cake, but then, it was Creme Brulee, so what could I have expected!
I hope you have a wonderful week. I'll be having lunch with someone that I have never met before this week for lunch. She lives in Las Vegas and has purchased several of my paintings. Since she will be coming to our area for the holiday, I'm meeting her for lunch and I am really looking forward to finally seeing her face to face. we've been Email friends for several years and I can't wait to meet her.
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving. I'll report on our family when the holiday is over.
In the meantime, may God bless you and yours. We all have so much to be thankful for and the thing that I am most thankful for is good friends like you.
XOXO, Pcasso

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pcasso,
I love your painting! The little bird is so cute. Forget the guys going fishing and hot tubbing! Would YOU like to come visit? I will trade you a free cabin stay for a painting if you want.