Saturday, June 14, 2008

BIRTHDAYS, PIRANHA KILLER SUSHI, HOUSEHOLD CHALLENGES AND TAKEE OUTIE

It has been a very full week in more ways than one! I've been working on Remain Faithful for at least 6 hours a day, but have managed to take some much needed breaks along the way.



Our poor house has had a lot of things going on in it. There was a severe storm in April when we were gone and we had hail damage to all 3 roofs ... the main house, my studio and the hot house, so they all have to be replaced. Then we discovered water damage in two different places. Frank's shower has been leaking and we noticed that the hardwood floor in the hall had changed color. We were afraid that it was the shower pan but it was the shower door, so the entire floor has to be taken up as well as the hardwood in the hall and the frame on the door and they must all be replaced. On top of that, the sprinkler system was hitting the windows in the kitchen, so the floor has buckled and must be replaced.




Since the floor is over 7 years old, they don't make that color any more, so the entire kitchen and dining room hardwood floors have to be replaced.



We have decided to get this done while we are in New Mexico and not be here for the mess! It seems that when you own property it's always something!!!
We have been out to eat at least once a day and sometimes twice for the whole week and my hips are certainly beginning to show it! Thank goodness I'm able to exercise at the hospital again, so that helps a little! I had lunch with my dear friend, Margie, at Piranah Killer Sushi to celebrate my upcoming birthday and anniversary.


We will be out of town during both of those milestones in my life, so she treated me to lunch. We had a delicious meal and enjoyed each other's company as always.
That night we went out with our good friends, the Walkers, and had a wonderful Italian meal.

Our other good friends, the Sawyers, were supposed to go as well, but she has a virus so they had to cancel. That certainly was a disappointment as we always have fun together.
Last night was a long time friend's birthday and his wife had a lovely dinner party for about 30 of us to honor him on this special occasion. Our hostess, DeeDee, is in the middle

and the birthday boy is below in the printed shirt on the right.

We have all been friends for the past 40+ years and it was a wonderful gathering. I made him this silly little birthday card with the following greeting inside.


Happy Birthday, Jug!
It seems like only yesterday
that you were a precious baby.
Now that you are ready for Medicare,
welcome to our world!!!




This is the card I made with his face on it. The little angel baby was a real hit and I had great fun making it.
Frank is watching the golf tournament all weekend so I decided to paint. As I said before, I'm working on a sushi series for Nicholas, my eldest grandson. Last week I painted the second piece in the series for him and today I completed the "Takee Outie Box". I hope he likes it.



Tomorrow is Father's Day and Franklin is having us and Beth's Father over for lunch after church. We're really looking forward to it. Franklin really enjoys cooking and I know we'll have both a great meal and a great time. Here are all the Dads last year and I'll try to get a similar photo this year.




Harry (the Granddog) will probably have his brother there too, so we can watch the puppies play together. They look just alike. No one is really sure what kind of dogs they are, but whatever there are, there's no doubt that they are brothers! Here is Harry

and here is his brother. Which twin has the Toni???


More to come soon, so stay tuned!
XOXO, Pcasso

2 comments:

Margie Whittington said...

Loved your blog Pattycake!
Thanks for including our lunch at Piranhas. Phil enjoyed the leftovers!!!!
xoxomaw

Pcasso said...

The food was delicious the first time around and I'm sure it was just as good when it was recycled :-)
Pcasso